Yvonne Boenisch switches Israel for Austria as headcoach
Yvonne Boenisch will become headcoach of Team Austria. The 39-year-old worked as a women's national coach in Israel. From 1 January she will have the full responsibility on Austrian national judo team. The 2004 Olympic Champion was always connected to 40 -year-old Sabrina Filzmoser.
Yvonne Boenisch: “Farewell to Israel is anything but easy for me. But the job in Austria is the next important step in my career, ”says the Potsdam native. A total of 25 coaches from 16 nations applied for the position. The 39-year-old is the head coach of the six-person Judo Austria coaching team and will primarily work with the Olympic and elite squads for women and men. Patrick Rusch acts as the "national coach elite".
Judo Austria President Martin Poiger is a happy man. “As an Olympic champion or two-time vice world champion and longstanding national coach abroad, Yvonne has all the necessary skills. She is determined, analytical, communicative and passionate, ”emphasizes Martin Poiger. Sabrina Filzmoser also sprinkles roses on her new head trainer: “She is top-notch professionally and personally. We couldn't have done better, Yvonne is an ideal cast. "Sports director Markus Moser hopes" We have been waiting for an Olympic medal since 2008 and a World Cup medal since 2010. Yvonne should make the difference. "
“Two years ago I was contacted once. When I saw the advertisement at the beginning of September, it quickly became clear to me that I wanted to apply. Even if the timing is difficult: due to the postponement of the Olympic Games in Tokyo by a year, I cannot finish my work in Israel on schedule. I'm sorry. But an opportunity like the Austrian Judo Federation offer does not come up every day, ”said Boenisch. “It all started 25 years ago when I got the short straw against Sabrina Filzmoser at a youth tournament in Wels in the under 16 final. We became close friends, we never lost contact. "
“The Austrian Judo Association needs countable successes - that is, medals at the Olympic Games and World Championships. Ideally, we will write to Tokyo as early as 2021, otherwise three years later in Paris. "
“My experience as an athlete also helps me in the coaching job. I know what it takes to be successful. My focus as a coach is definitely on Tokyo 2021, definitely not in the past. "
WORLD RANKING LIST MEN
- SURNAME, Name
- 1. RUS Mshvidobadze, Robert 6295
- 2. JPN Takato, Naohisa 5900
- 3. GEO Papinashvili, Amiran 5551
- 4. JPN Nagayama, Ryuju 5510
- 5. KAZ Smetov, Yeldos 4821
- 6. MGL Dashdavaa, Amartuvshin 4253
- 7. UZB Lutfillaev, Sharafuddin 3752
- 8. ESP Garrigós, Francisco 3594
- 9. GEO Chkhvimiani, Lukhumi 3505
- 10. BRA Takabatake, Eric 3340
WORLD RANKING LIST WOMEN
- SURNAME, Name
- 1. FRA Agbegnenou, Clarisse 8150
- 2. SLO Trstenjak, Tina 6090
- 3. JPN Tashiro, Miku 6050
- 4. JPN Nabekura, Nami 5020
- 5. NED Franssen, Juul 4953
- 6. SLO Leski, Andreja 4505
- 7. GER Trajdos, Martyna 4483
- 8. NED Vermeer, Sanne 3632
- 9. CAN Beauchemin-Pinard, Catherine 3631
- 10. CUB Del Toro Carvajal, Maylin 3460